Freelance Arabic Translator: My Experience
My name is Maher Souilah, a Freelance Arabic Translator. And I got a Masters’s diploma in Learning English as a Second Language from the High Institute of Human Sciences in Tunis, Tunisia. Where I have studied English and French Grammar, Civilization, and literature as well as English French Arabic Translation. I got 11 years of experience in English to Arabic and French to Arabic translation, Proofreading, Editing, Subtitling, and Transcription services. Hence, I can guarantee strong written and verbal communication skills in Arabic, French, and English with sound proofreading skills. In addition, I can handle any assignment, whatever the scale of the subject is, in the same professional way.
Translate English to Arabic
I had the chance to start my career with AC Nielsen Company as an English Arabic Translator. Where I was responsible for the translation and subtitling of market research studies, focus groups, interviews and other papers from English to Arabic. And I have also worked with PF Protector as a full-time French English Arabic Translator. My duty was to translate the daily news related to the security situation in the country and provide daily and weekly reports. Then, starting from 2012 I became a 100% freelance Arabic Translator, and I had the chance to provide my English, French and Arabic translation services to a number of translation companies as well as direct clients.
- 11 years of experience in Arabic translation, proofreading, subtitling and transcription services
- Awareness and understanding of linguistic and cultural identity of English, French and Arabic languages
- Ability to carry out in-depth research in order to solve terminological issues
- Effective handling of numerous projects simultaneously
- working under pressure to meet tight deadlines with utmost quality levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Arabic English and French
- Sound proofreading skills
- Thorough knowledge of grammar and punctuation in both Arabic and English
- Strong knowledge and practice of CAT tools & software (TRADOS / WordFast, Trados Studio, MemoQ …)
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team-oriented environment.
- Reasonable Rates and various payment methods